The Hanover Township Police Department is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
The Township of Hanover Police Department will be hosting an entry level Probationary Police Officer exam on September 23rd at the Morris County Police Academy.
Applicants MUST meet the following qualifications:
- A) Possess a Bachelor’s degree in any field of study;
- B) Possess an Associate Degree in any field of study;
is either enrolled or has successfully completed a Police Academy Alternate Route Program recognized by the New Jersey PTC and/or possess two or more years’ experience as a full-time police officer in New Jersey ONLY.
Additionally, Certified officers applying from states other than NJ are required to have an associate’s degree and will be required to attend the Morris County Police Academy in full or on waivers depending on the circumstances.
Degrees must be from an accredited college or university and be recognized by the American Council on Education as listed in the Accredited Institutions of Post-Secondary Education.
Applicants must also meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License at the time of appointment.
- Must not be less than 18 years of age or more than 35 years of age, at the time of appointment. In accordance with NJ statutes, age exemptions for military service and prior law enforcement service may be granted to meet the maximum age standards.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Must demonstrate proficiency in writing and basic computer skills.
- Must be physically capable of meeting the required firearms qualifications mandated by the Attorney General Guidelines.
- Must be psychologically fit to perform all duties of a police officer.
- Must meet the requirements set forth in the job description for police officer.
- No obligation under NJSA 40A:14-178
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language well.
- Be of good moral character.
- Candidates must be available to work any schedule, shift, or assignment as ordered by the Chief of Police or his designee.
Successful candidates must score 70% to move onto the next phase of the hiring process, which is a physical fitness test. A passing score on the physical fitness test is required in order to move onto the oral interview phase.
Please apply for the test on policeapp.com. The deadline to register for the test will be September 20th 2021. Any questions should be directed to Captain David White at Dwhite@hanoverpolice.com
The Township is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please direct questions regarding this position to Dwhite@hanoverpolice.com