The Hanover Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for Probationary Police Officer.
Applicants MUST meet the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in any field of study OR an Associates Degree in Police Science, Criminal Justice, or Forensic Science AND
- Be currently enrolled or recently graduated from a Police Academy Alternate Route Program
- Possess 2 or more years experience as a full-time Police Officer in New Jersey ONLY ( NO WAIVERS ACCEPTED)
Degrees must be from an accredited college or university and be recognized by the American Council on Education as listed in the Accredited Institutions of Post Secondary Education.
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver's License at the time of appointment.
- Must not be less than 18 years of age or more than 35 years of age at the time of appointment in accordance with NJ Statutes, age exemptions for military service and prior law enforcement service may be granted to meet the maximum age standards.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in writing and basic computer skills.
- Must be physically capable of meeting the required firearms qualifications mandated by the New Jersey Attorney General.
- Must be psychologically fit to perform all duties of a police officer.
- Must meet the requirements set forth in the job description for police officer.
- No obligation under N.J.S.A. 40A:14-178.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language well.
- Be of good moral character.
- Candidates must be available to work any schedule, shift, or assignment as ordered by the Chief of Police or his designee.
Successful candidates will be given conditional offers of employment and then must pass a urinalysis as well as a comprehensive medical and psychological examination.
The Township of Hanover is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Download an application HERE
The deadline to apply is March 7, 2023 at 11:39 pm.
Please direct all questions regarding this position to email@example.com