The Hanover Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for Class III Special Law Enforcement Officer.
In accordance with the enabling legislation, all applicants for hte title must meet the following:
- Must be a retired officer who has previously served as a duly qualified, full time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, agency of htis state, bi-state agency, and must be living in New Jersey.
- Must be retired from that agency in good standing (necessary to have a letter of good standing issued by the agency from which hte officer retired, listing the date and type oof retirement. A copy will be submitted to the PTC.)
- Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
- Must pass a psychological exam.
- Must pass a medical exam and have doctor complete Medical Certification Form (Form PTC8A).
- Must pass a Drug Test pursuant ot hte Attorney General's Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy.
- Must have an updated background investigation.
- Possess a NJ Training commission Basic Officer Certification, NJ State Police Academy Certification or other proof of basic police training approved by the Police Training Commission.
- Applicants must submit a resume and completed HTPD application. Applications and additional information can be located on the Township Website. www.hanovertownship.com
- Pay rate is $37.00 per hour.
Officers retired more than 3 years will be required to complete the Basic Course for Police Officer, waiver for Physical Conditioning and Defensive Tactics will be granted.
Please direct all inquiries to Dwhite@hanoverpolice.com